About Installing Rain Gutters
Why is this important?
Humidity opens the pores of plastered walls, allowing water to enter and flow through them, causing rapid plaster rot. Prolonged soaking due to rain also ensures that much more water seeps into the plaster pores, leeching away cement.
Avoid structural damage and a decrease in property value
Building standards and the way we maintain houses has changed over time.
Thirty years ago, even the cheapest houses installed gutters.
Many of these old houses will still be standing in 100 years as a result of this and other good building practices.
Homeowners who do not install gutters on their roofs cannot expect their walls to last a lifetime.
If not attended to, repair costs will soar, and if still unattended, will seriously effect the structural integrity and the value of your property.
Consider the following:
- When it comes to installing and maintaining gutters, homeowners need to be proactive.
- Take care to install quality membranes to prevent the parapet tops from cracking and degrading.
- Use high-quality latex primer on all the walls for extensive protection and an extended life.
- Point sprinklers away from walls so they remain dry.
- Consider installing a perimeter drain around your house.
The components of a gutter system
- It takes a well-designed roof to drain all of the storm water into the gutters or roof drains.
- The gutter or roof drain needs to be designed to capture all the roof drainage so that it directs the water into the downspouts.
- Downspouts are pipes that carry the water from the gutters to the drain system.
Bellaire Roofing is a company specialized in roofing services with more than 50 years of experience and more than 65,000 satisfied customers. In addition to providing extra services such as exterior and interior painting, gutter repair and installation and siding installation in the greater Houston Texas area including Bellaire, Clear Lake, Jersey Village, Katy, Missouri City, Pasadena, Southside Place, Spring, Sugarland, West University Place and more.
Painting Services in Houston TX.
Roof Installers, Roof Repair Service, Roof Replacement Contractor, Home Roofing Contractor, Roofing Maintenance, Home Roof Repairs, Commercial Roofing Installation, Metal Roofing Repairs, Commercial Roofing Company, Exterior Painter, Interior Painter, Rain Gutter Installation, Gutter Repair Service, Siding Installation Service.