Houston Roof Replacement Contractor
Things to Know Before you Replace your Roof
1. Shop around. - Some roofers don’t worry much about customer satisfaction since replacing a roof is a once-every-few-decades job, which means they don’t have to count on repeat business. Plus, many homeowners (mistakenly) choose their roofer based largely on price, and many roofing contractors hire low-wage workers so they can deliver the lowest possible bids. All of which is to say: You need to be extremely careful whom you hire.
2. Strip away the old. - You’re permitted to have two layers of asphalt shingles on your roof, so if there’s only one in place now, you can have a new layer installed right on top. That will save you as much as $1,000 and a fair bit of mess, but it means the roofer can’t inspect and repair the decking and flashing underneath. If you live in a cold climate, stripping away the old roof allows the contractor to install ice and water shield, a rubber membrane used to prevent leaks at the eaves in the event of ice buildup.
3. Go top shelf. - To make sure you don’t have to worry about your roof again and give you some selling points when you’re ready to move go for top-quality products. That means: 50-year-shingles (shingles with the longest available warranty add just $300 to $500 to your total cost) with an “architectural” look (varying color and thickness that creates upscale character for just $250 to $750 extra).
4. Pay attention to the paperwork. - For such a quick job two to five days, depending on the size and style of the roof roofing involves a tremendous amount of liability and money. Three documents are essential:
1) Most towns require a building permit for a roofing project; this can help to ensure that your contractor follows building code. Plus, your roof warranty is likely void if you don’t get the permit.
2) A written contract that specifies all of the agreed-to details, products, and costs of the project.
3) A letter addressed to you from the contractor’s insurance carrier confirming that the specific project is covered under the roofer’s worker’s compensation and liability plan.
Bellaire Roofing is a company specialized in roofing services with more than 50 years of experience and more than 65,000 satisfied customers. In addition to providing extra services such as exterior and interior painting, gutter repair and installation and siding installation in the greater Houston Texas area including Bellaire, Clear Lake, Jersey Village, Katy, Missouri City, Pasadena, Southside Place, Spring, Sugarland, West University Place and more.
Siding Installer in Houston TX.
Roof Installers, Roof Repair Service, Roof Replacement Contractor, Home Roofing Contractor, Roofing Maintenance, Home Roof Repairs, Commercial Roofing Installation, Metal Roofing Repairs, Commercial Roofing Company, Exterior Painter, Interior Painter, Rain Gutter Installation, Gutter Repair Service, Siding Installation Service.